Small Business employs over half of the private sector employees in America, and has generated over 64% of the new jobs created in the last 15 years. SMBs pay 44 percent of the US payroll, and hire over 40% of high tech workers. (Source pdf). Small businesses really do drive the American economy, and they do a great deal of communicating with their customers, partners and employees while conducting their business. As a recent FCC Blogband post pointed out, “supporting these businesses with cutting edge connectivity and technology tools is not just a good idea; it is a vital national purpose.” With that in mind, I’d like to point out 5 benefits that small businesses can gain from implementing a Hosted VoIP service with a partner that owns and operates a nationwide QoS enabled MPLS network.
- Low Startup Costs- SMBs are always looking to operate more efficiently, and keeping costs down is always a good place to start. Hosted VoIP services certainly fit the bill here, with low start up costs, since there is no PBX equipment to purchase.
- Ongoing Monthly Savings- The cost of a combined voice and data communications facility will keep those costs low over time, too, as you realize the benefits of Internet telephony, which also include the lowered costs of making moves, adds and changes.
- Advanced Features- With Hosted VoIP, your business can take advantage of included advanced features such as call forwarding, call waiting, voicemail and 3 way calling, to name just a few.
- Call Quality- With Quality of Service, your VoIP calls are always crystal clear, and are always delivered securely and prioritized over data traffic. High fidelity communications are also an option through the use of HD Voice wideband codes and equipment.
- Business Focus – Because Hosted VoIP is a turnkey solution, you will be able to able to focus on running your business, not on running a communications infrastructure. And knowing that your partner is focused on delivering solutions only to business will give you peace of mind.
So whether your small business is at a single location, or has multiple locations (pdf) spread across town or across the country, you should really explore the option of making the move to Hosted VoIP. You can save money, and stay focused on delivering the goods and services your customers have come to rely on, while knowing that we are here 24/7/365 making sure you stay securely connected to your customers, partners and employees. It’s easy to get started, and you’ll enjoy the predictability of getting one consistent invoice for voice and data services from a single provider
Posted on the MegaPath Connectivity Blog as “Protecting Your Mobile Workforce from Sheep (Firesheep, that is)”